2019 interior design trends are expected to combine elements from the past with more contemporary looks, and also to blend in artistic elements wherever possible. Here are some of the main things to think about.
- Large, unique shapes for furniture is going to be big. Rounded shapes, velvety surfaces, and rich colors will blend with glass and marble tables and other elements to create a great look for any home.
- Organic materials will be a key part of interior design as well. Glass, wood, and stone will be featured in many different designs, blending beauty with durability. These elements will also pair with the large, soft furniture from the point above.
- As for colors, rich, deep greens are already gaining attention – especially when set against marble floors or countertops. The go-to color at the moment is ‘Nightwatch Green’, and you can expect to see it in many homes.
- Convertible and multifunctional furniture will play a role as well. Murphy beds, moveable walls, built-in shelving, and multi-purpose furniture will all play a major role in interior design.
- Boho. It’s a style that most thought was gone, but that is already coming back in a big way. The rich, layered look is popping up in showrooms around the world, and it will add a bit of unique character to any home.
- Terrazzo is another style that is making a comeback. This composite material is made of chips of marble, granite, quartz, and glass and has a unique look that was huge in the past. Today, it’s finally making its comeback in flooring and counter tops!
- The stylish, custom-created, colorfully designed statement ceilings of the past are also coming back into style, adding an incredible retro touch to any room.
There are blasts from the past coming back into style for 2019 as well as some new looks and styles. Buying a home is exciting, but decorating and improving the interior is just as much fun, and these design elements are a big part of what to expect from 2019.
image via: https://www.devolkitchens.co.uk/kitchens/classic-bespoke-kitchen/peckham-rye-kitchen